Castle Hill Inn Weddings are all about luxury and sophistication. If you’re dreaming of an elegant wedding by the sea, this is THE wedding venue to make your dreams come true. The sprawling 40-acre estate with its historic inn overlooking Narragansett Bay has stunning views around every corner. The property has many beautiful options for weddings of all sizes.
Locations for a ceremony
There are several places at Castle Hill for a wedding ceremony, but these are the two most popular:
- Lawn – The chalet lawn area is the most popular wedding ceremony location as it can accommodate a large number of people and is conveniently located directly next to the reception tent. The views of the ocean from the lawn are stunning, and there is already a stone arbor as a focal point.
- Lighthouse – For smaller, intimate ceremonies, guests can be transported out to the lighthouse for a ceremony as well.
Locations for a reception
Most cocktail hours and receptions happen on the chalet terrace. There is a sprawling lawn area and a high-end permanent sailcloth tent. The tent has bistro lighting built in and lends a nautical vibe to the affair. You can also choose to have a fire pit outside on the lawn during the reception.
Castle Hill Inn Weddings are some of my favorites to work at as a professional wedding photographer. There are so many great photo locations to choose from!
- Chalet – Typically wedding parties will get ready in the suites upstairs at the chalet. These spaces are beautifully appointed with nice light for candid getting-ready photos.
- Garden – The garden behind the chalet is a pretty shaded and sheltered location for photos. It’s a great place for a first look or family photos, especially if it’s too windy to be near the water.
- Lighthouse – The lighthouse is the perfect location for a first look and/or portraits. The staff will even drive us there in a golf cart. It’s reserved for guests so it is not typically crowded but there might be some other people there.
- Lawn – The arbor is another great spot for family photos or couple portraits with its lovely views of the bay and bridge. It’s also a quick dash from the reception if there happens to be a great sunset that lights up that part of the sky!
Planning Tips for a Castle Hill Inn Wedding:
- Plan early. This is one of the more popular Newport venues.
- Consider the weather when selecting your date. It can be 10+ degrees colder on the island than on the mainland because of fog banks and wind.
- Take advantage of the many delightful spots on the property for your photos.
- Choose an experienced photographer who can work in varied lighting situations. At this venue, you could have a first look in harsh midday sunlight and a late-night gathering by the firepit in the pitch dark.
- The market lighting in the tent is nice, so you don’t necessarily need additional lighting however candlelight adds a nice vibe. I would also consider having your DJ or band bring in lighting for the dance floor as that area tends to be dark.
- The lawn is great for a cocktail hour but there isn’t a ton of seating, to begin with. Bringing in some couches for a lounge area is a great idea and makes a design statement at the same time.
- I’d recommend focusing your floral installations on the tables and on the ceremony backdrop. You can skip the room with the fireplace behind the DJ/band area as that area often goes unseen.
- The arbor already has some greenery growing on it, but is also the perfect spot for a statement floral installation as it’s going to be in almost every single ceremony photo!
To see an October Castle Hill Inn Wedding click here.
*Valet Parking is available.
Still searching for the perfect wedding venue? Check out my guides to nearby venues.
Up Next: Your Wedding!
Reach out today, and let’s discuss how I can help make your wedding day even more unforgettable with exceptional wedding photography.